Canning Season

I have been quiet here lately as I have been very busy canning and freezing all the veggies from my garden and other local produce that I don't yet grow.

My tomatoes are slowly starting to ripen, so I finally had enough to can a couple jars of diced tomatoes. Sadly one of the jars was my first casualty of the year and broke in the water bath. There's a lot more out there though so hopefully there will be more to come!




I bought some pickling cucumbers to make regular dill pickles since my measly two plants are not giving me many. The dill is mine though. I made my own pickling spice for this so hopefully they taste good!



Peaches are now ready as well so I went to the orchard and bought a bushel of seconds to can. I already canned half a bushel and will be doing one more bushel since the kids love them.


I've also been working away at getting my beans blanched and in the freezer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today's Garden Harvest

First Berry Harvest! Currants!

Radishes